Five factors that prevent you from losing weight

Five factors that prevent you from losing weight

Many believe that to fight excess weight and more obesity, only willpower is needed – but medical research indicates that this is not enough. There are other factors that influence how quickly you gain or lose weight, and not always a person can change something right now. The BBC publication described five factors that can determine what you will see on the scales and in the mirror.

Microbiome

Within the intestine of any person (and not only there) are hordes of various microorganisms. It has already been calculated that in every human being a person is only 43%, and the diversity of species in the remaining 57% plays one of the key roles in the matter of weight. The study, conducted with the participation of twins, showed that even in genetically related people the metabolism can be different, and how much these people are prone to obesity depends on how many species of bacteria and other microbes live inside them. “You never eat alone,” the scientists emphasize. Increase the diversity of the microbiom allow dietary fiber. They are contained in whole grains of cereals, fruits, vegetables, beans, nuts.

Genetic lottery

You probably already know this. Genes directly affect the tendency to obesity, and only a few mutations can turn into a lot of extra pounds. Genes can determine what kind of food you like, how much you eat, affect your appetite and efficiency in calories. In total there are at least 100 such genes – and these are only those whose role is for certain known.

Times of Day

The proverb “You eat breakfast yourself, divorced dinner with a friend, and give dinner to the enemy” appeared for a reason. The later you eat, the greater the chance that soon you will see the result of eating everything in the same mirror. This is due to our internal biological clock: food is effectively processed in daylight, and in the dark the metabolism slows down, the body slowly breaks down fats and sugar. In particular, this is why people who work shifts or at night are more prone to obesity. Doctors and scientists recommend a tight breakfast, and dinner – as easily as possible.

Cheating the brain

People tend to underestimate the amount of food consumed and, correspondingly, the amount of calories they receive. “Nedolet” can be up to 30-50% of the total calorie content of the dish. To avoid this, it is, first, to remove the visual stimuli: put a vase of fruit on the table instead of a packet of biscuits. Secondly, you can try switching to a less-caloric version of your favorite products, without removing them altogether. Thirdly, an excellent option may be to reduce portions – 5-10% of the visual weather will not do, but will be visible at the waist. Rather, their absence will be noticeable.

Hormones

Bariatric surgery is so effective not because of a decrease in the volume of the stomach, but because the hormonal background at this reduction also changes. Increases the concentration of hormones that make a person full, and the level of hunger hormones falls. There was such an experiment – people prone to fullness, pricked a mixture of three hormones that control appetite. These people ate less, quickly satiated and gradually lost weight without any surgery. However, while the corresponding medicine has not yet entered the market.

  • 1.4K
    Shares

http-www-ijre-org