GBI Research’s report, “Power Industry in the Americas to 2020: Renewable Energy and Expanding Demand Entails Effective Infrastructure” supplies an in-depth evaluation of the power market place of selected American countries (the US, Chile, Canada, Colombia, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Peru and Venezuela). The research analyzes their regulatory framework and the infrastructure of their power sectors. It offers a detailed forecast of the installed capacity by thermal, hydro, renewable (solar PV, biomass, wind and so on.) and nuclear sources in each of the nine nations up to 2020. The report, coupled with elaborate data on active and upcoming energy plants in the nations, supplies a complete understanding of the nine American energy markets.
This report is built making use of information and information sourced from proprietary databases, main and secondary investigation and in-house analysis by GBI Research’s group of industry professionals.
According to GBI Study, the US emerged as the largest power market by installed capacity among the American countries with a share of 74.eight% in the total installed capacity in 2009, followed by Canada. With an upturn in the global economy expected from 2010, American energy industry is anticipated to develop moderately in the course of the forecast period 2010-2020 due to rising demand. The countries are actively augmenting its capacity by way of clean power sources, namely, wind, solar photovoltaic and other renewable with an objective to lessen carbon emission. In order to accomplish the objective, the Governments have undertaken a number of incentives in the type of tax relief, capital expense grants and subsidies. Therefore, the commitment to curtail the carbon emissions will lead to the developing investments in renewable energy generation.
The scope of this report includes:
– The nine power markets covered are the US, Chile, Canada, Colombia, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Peru and Venezuela.
– Assessment of the important energy sources – thermal (coal, oil and gas), hydro, renewable, nuclear
– Information varieties included are installed capacity, consumption, energy demand, energy generation by sources and by country
– Data offered from 2000 to 2009, with forecasts to 2020
– Evaluation of import, export, regulatory and infrastructure of the power sector in the essential nations.
– The report gives particulars of active and upcoming plants in the nations.
– Business overview, SWOT Analysis and review of operational metrics of key organizations in the region. These incorporate Southern Firm, American Electric Energy (AEP) Co Inc, Comision Federal de Electricidad (CFE), Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras S.A. (Eletrobras), Hydro-Québec, Endesa S.A., Ontario Energy Generation Inc., Electrificación del Caroní, Edegel S.A. and Companhia Energetica de Sao Paulo (CESP).
– Insights into the major trends, drivers and challenges in the overall sector
Causes to acquire
– The report will enhance your selection generating capabilities in a more rapid and time sensitive manner. It will allow you to:
– Determine the scope of emerging technologies in the geography
– Determine important markets and investment possibilities for foreign investors in the energy sector in the Americas.
– Facilitate decision-creating based on powerful historical and forecast information and detailed development possibilities evaluation.
– Realize and respond to the regulatory and foreign investment structure in the nations.
– Position yourself to take maximum advantage of the nine American energy market’s growth prospective.
– Identify the risks linked with the market and transform them into opportunities for future development
Table of Contents :
1 Table of Contents three
1.1 List of Tables ten
1.two List of Figures 15
two Introduction 18
two.1 Methodology Adopted For Ranking Countries in the Americas 18
2.2 Nation Level Parameters 18
two.two.1 Company Viability 18
2.three Business Distinct Parameters 19
2.three.1 Energy Generation 19
2.three.two Energy Installed Capacity 19
two.3.3 Consumption Growth Rate 20
two.four Weight Assigned To the Parameters 21
2.five Country Selection Methodology 22
2.six GBI Investigation Report Guidance 23
three Power Market place in the Americas 24
3.1 Overview 24
3.2 The Americas Power Industry, Cumulative Installed Capacity-Overview 25
3.two.1 Cumulative Installed Capacity by Type of Energy Plant, Percentage 26
3.two.2 Leading Electricity Markets in the Americas (Chosen Nations), by Installed Capacity 27
three.3 Altering Trends in Generation and Consumption in the Americas 30
3.4 Competitive Landscape of the Energy Market in the American Nations 35
3.four.1 Chile Energy Market place, Marketplace Share of Main Energy Firms 35
three.four.2 The US Energy Marketplace, Industry Share of Major Power Businesses 36
3.4.3 Argentina Energy Market, Marketplace Share of the Key Power Organizations 37
three.4.4 Venezuela Energy Industry, Industry Shares of Major Power Firms 38
3.4.5 Peru Power Industry, Market place Shares of Key Energy Firms 39
three.4.6 Colombia Energy Market place, Market Share of the Important Players 40
three.4.7 Brazil Power Marketplace, Marketplace Share of Key Energy Producing Firms 41
three.four.8 Canada Power Market, Market place Share of Significant Energy Generating Companies 42
3.four.9 Mexico Power Marketplace, Industry Share of Main Power Generating Firm 43
For a lot more data, please pay a visit to :