No matter how tough you try there are going to be occasions when a client cancels their account and stops making use of your services. As virtual assistants, we get employed to this happening from time to time. Occasionally you know the factors why and other times you don’t.
Simply because of our experience in the virtual staffing industry, we’ve been in a position for numerous years to get actual answers from customers about why they cancel their account. This post is getting supplied to virtual assistants everywhere as a point of reference on what tends to make a profitable virtual administrative assistant. In other words, what are the effective ones undertaking that the unsuccessful ones aren’t?
The profitable virtual administrative assistants:
– Are communicating regularly with their clients
– Are maintaining typical enterprise hours. Yes, working virtually does enable for flexibility of hours. BUT, it does not mean you can shirk your duties without repercussions.
– Following via with their promises.
– Providing their clientele day-to-day updates.
– Letting their customers know quickly when there’s a dilemma.
– Giving their consumers a heads up when they have a planned day off – as soon as they know about it.
– Are not treating their position as a hobby to be taken lightly.
– Are treating their position as a JOB and taking it seriously.
– Are taking a proactive method to prospective issues.
– Are taking ownership and responsibility for their work.
– Are not blaming other people for their shortcomings.
– Are not blaming others for work that did not get carried out.
– Are continuing to understand much more about the software’s they are needed to use on a standard basis – Word, Excel, etc.
– Respond rapidly to client requests.
– Promptly return phone calls from customers.
– Make themselves accessible when the client needs them.
– Understand that to EARN flexibility from the client, they themselves can not be rigid.
– Do not make demands of the client, rather offer you recommendations for improvement.
– Are supplying to help the client develop his organization realizing that this will make their position that a lot far more safe and will allow their position to develop in the process.
– Are maintaining their customers apprised of their advertising efforts, supplying suggestions or solutions when necessary.
– Are up selling the client – letting the client know what other duties they may possibly do to lighten the client’s load.
– Are getting respectful of the client, realizing s/he holds the purse strings.
– Are exercising patience with a demanding client.
– Are reporting their time accurately.
– Never talk badly about their client to others
– Never ever speak badly about other individuals to their client
All of these factors and many other factors, weigh into getting profitable as an admin/virtual/freelancer/contractor. But initial and foremost, you should understand that regardless of its outward look – this is a JOB. The client will expect you to treat it as such and not as some thing to be completed when you choose you have time.
Most customers, for instance, never make any outlandish requests – just normal, everyday duties that they’ve hired a virtual assistant to do and they count on them to be completed. That is actually not too considerably for any client to ask, is it?